Emergency First Aid at Work
Some of the topics covered in the training include:
- The roles and responsibilities of a first aider
- Establishing consent
- Accident reporting
- Employer and employee responsibilities
- Contents of a first aid kit.
- The principles of scene safety management (look, listen, think and act)
- Overview of the primary survey process (DRSABCD)
- How to assess a casualty’s level of response (AVPU)
- The principles of placing an unconscious casualty in the recovery position including practical
- Signs and symptoms of a seizure and how to manage a casualty having a seizure
- Practical session on undertaking CPR- What is CPR?; How to provide CPR and when to stop
- How to administer first aid to a choking casualty including practical.
- The principles of controlling a bleed (SEEP- sit or lay, examine, elevate and pressure)
- The principles of infection control
- Practice applying dressings to a casualty with and without embedded objects.
- The principles of shock treatment.
- Administering first aid to different casualties including: small cuts, grazes, bruises, small burns and scalds
By the end of the course participants will be qualified First Aiders. This regulated qualification provides learners with the skills and knowledge to deal with first aid situations in low risk work environments. It is valid for three years.
Please note lunch will not be provided.
The Adiaha Antigha Centre
London, E8 3AZ
|Hackney Voluntary, Community & Social Enterprise Sector||£ 60.00|
|Voluntary, Community & Social Enterprise Sector (not based in Hackney)||£ 90.00|